Controller actions not running
Every year or so I scratch my head for a half hour doing this…. I’m trying to debug something in my cucumber tests, and somehow code that I think must be running is not running. I insert breakpoints and they just never get hit. I slowly step up the call chain until I put a breakpoint at the top of the controller action, and it’s still not getting hit!
I check the routes. I check the paths. Everything seems fine. I’m supposed to be in that controller, on that action. What the heck!
And then, AHA! I’m getting stuck in a before_filter. Of course. Silly me.
And then I go another year before it happens again…